Monday, July 25, 2011

Paper Mache Letters

So, I am at a crossroads with some decorating stuff but I can't complain too much because I did it to myself by not wanting to find out the gender.

I originally wanted to decoupage the baby's entire name but, because I'm not finding out gender, I would have to do both names. Elizabeth + Barrett = 16 letters > than what I want to spend on wooden letters. Next, I figured I would purchase a large letter E and letter B and go from there. Large letters are also very expensive and not as easy to come by (unless I wanted to spend money to ship something to the house). Also, I have yet to find a neat font for larger letters.

So, I turned to my old friend, Google and found this tutorial from Green Zebra Crafts on how to make your own paper mache letters. What caught my eye is she used a really interesting font for a letter that I'd like to make.
Isn't it pretty? This allows me the freedom to make a letter as large as I would like with a font that I would like. And the best part it, the project is essentially free! So if I wanted to spell out names I could or I could just make two large letters... or whatever!

No comments:

Post a Comment