Saturday, July 23, 2011

Baby room officially painted!

The baby room is officially painted and it looks REALLY good. I don't hate it at all at this point. I put one of our ornate, mahogany dining chairs in there and the mahogany looks really pretty against the gray so that makes me feel a little more comfortable with our nursery furniture choices.

Below are pictures of the accent wall. Considering it is night time and two of the overhead lights are out it looks really gloomy but it isn't in person- don't let the lighting fool you!





The rest of the room is the light color you see off to the sides.









The pictures don't do the room justice, maybe its because I used my camera phone. I'm sure once we get lamps in there and put the ceiling fan on a dimmer it will look much better.





We also picked out our fabric to reupholster our nursery chair. It was $26 a yard but we had a coupon for 40% off so that REALLY helped with the price. It isn't what I had initially set out for but I think it will look good once it is finished.

It's difficult to take a good picture of it:
This is with the flash on, it made it looks strange but you can see the pattern really well.


















Here it is draped over the chair.. the pattern doesn't look so severe at a distance. I think we will do a dark brown pipping with brown buttons to give it a little pop.


Again, it isn't what I originally had envisioned but I think the pattern will hide stains and it will look good in every other room in my house if we ever wanted to take it out of the nursery.






Earlier today we moved the chair into the baby room and we are having to rethink out ENTIRE layout of the room.. but I think we have it figured out.

We will have to purchase the taller dresser instead of the longer changing table dresser for the sake of space.




I am okay with this because I can do more with something taller since the baby will have a harder time climbing on top of it.

I am glad we took measurements this weekend because we are purchasing the furniture next weekend. It would have REALLY sucked to get the dresser only to realize it won't work. Or, if we did keep it, we would probably stub our toes or run into when we first walked in the room. 




The last thing I found for the baby's room is this fabric for the valance and possible for my mobile redo:

I found it at Spoonflower and thought it would fit wonderfully in my Snoopy themed room. I originally wanted to do the valance in a gender specific color so lighten up the gray color in the room but Stephen and I kinda would like the baby room to be as finished as possible when the baby gets here. The last thing I think we want to do is make a valance. So we decided on the gray and we could easily add pink and blue ribbons to it later.

That's all I have for today- lots of decorating decisions took place today and I am worn out!

No comments:

Post a Comment