Saturday, July 30, 2011

Astrology anyone?

While I don't know how much I believe in Astrology, I find it incredibly interesting. One year for my birthday I asked for "The Secret Language of Birthdays" which provides profiles for people born on each day of the year. It is surprisingly accurate and very entertaining.

So naturally, when talking about inducing I turned to my birthday book. Over the last few months, I have been worried about inducing too early because currently my induction date is set for Oct 17th (my due date is the 26th). I would feel better if either a) baby came on their own or b) induce the week of my due date instead of before.But if I have to pick a date, I figured I'd do some astrological research.

Oct 17th people-
  • Strengths- Self-confident, resilient, daring
  • Weaknesses- Overconfident, reckless and stubborn
  • Also born on this day? Evil Knievel 
  • People born on this day are risk-takers and attracted to life-threatening risks/activities. 
  • Their mistakes are usually large ones and costly ones when it comes to health and finance 
  • Their temper can explode when their authority is threatened or intentions brought into question
  • STDs are a common threat because that requires careful precaution
Now, that is a summary of the two pages of information... there wasn't a whole lot of great attributes for people born on this day

Oct 24th people-
  • Strengths- magnetic, perfectinist, dramatic
  • Weaknesses- jealous, claiming, overstressed
  • People on this day have two themes: dramatic revelations and discoveries as well as painstaking attention to details
  • They take their work very seriously
  • Their personal magnetism aids in getting people interested in what they do
  • Rarely do they comment or act on matters which they know little about
  • They despise phoniness and are capable of recognizing pretense and dubious information a mile away
  • They have stress related difficulties.
  • Others born on this day?? Antoine van Leeuenhoek. That's right, the inventor of the first microscope. That nerdy little bit of information sealed the deal for me.

Oct 17th has personality traits that come genetically on my side of the family- I really don't need the stars to align those traits in addition to the genetics. Oct 24th people resemble Stephen and myself a little bit more- harder workers, attention to detail, magnetic (har har). Granted, I would hope baby comes on their own, but if I have to pick a date you better believe I am going to turn to my astrology book for some sort of guidance! 

2 comments:

  1. So... what you're saying is you're changing your induction date to the 24th? lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If my health/body will allow it!

    ReplyDelete