Saturday, June 25, 2011

Baby's Room- Theme (Snoopy!)

I have decided to do a Peanuts/Snoopy themed baby room. Now, the pre-made Snoopy themed sets are, well, kinda gross... so I am going to have to piece this together all by myself- which I am perfectly fine with. Now, I don't want to do this gaudy, yellow, red and white, over the top, in your face Snoopy theme... but a delicate, black and white, tasteful one. I have already purchased a handful of things on ebay to get me started and I have some other ideas to incorporate my theme once we get the room more put together.

Lamp:
I will put a pink or blue ribbon around the red collar and decoupage a new lamp shade in either pink or blue (this will match the decoupage I want to do with letters elsewhere in the room).


Stuffed Animal:
This is by far one of the cutest, softest Snoopy stuffed animals I found. Again, once baby gets here I will put a pink or blue ribbon around its neck. This will look super cute on the upholstered chair I want =o)



Piggy bank:
I have always loved the silver piggy banks and I saw this and I had to have it. I got a pretty good deal because I bought it tarnished. The first time we cleaned it, it didn't work... but we bought stronger cleaning stuff and now it practically sparkles


Snoopy Mobile:
This has to be one of my favorite finds. My mommy snagged this one on ebay for a good price. Because it is kinda rinky-dink (and it might not fit the width of the crib), I might have to play with this one a bit but as long as I have the 4 Snoopies and Woodstock music box, I think it will be cute! I will probably sew a gray toile cover for the arm and possible a new canopy part to make it look more expensive:


Those are the things I have. Now, I certainly have other ideas, but again.. I don't want too much Snoopy in the room.. so the rest are just ideas and will be determined once we get the room painted, furniture placed and all the other non-Snoopy ideas in the room.

Pictures:
I like the idea of the 6 framed pictures like these (black with a white matte) but using soley black and white snoopy characters





 If I did this, it would depend on what space I have. I thought I could do it over the changing table/dresser I want but I wouldn't mind putting an antique mirror above a dresser. Maybe I could find an antique mirror and put two Snoopy pictures on either side of the mirror- this all depends on size and space.


These are the pictures I've pulled so far:





Mural:
One of my lovely, artistic former students said she would paint me a mural. Now, I'm not sure if she said this to humor me, but its too late now! Instead of doing a mural, I thought it would be *really* neat to paint a small Peanuts theme in the horizontal stripe I plan to paint in the room (see Baby's Room- Basics). If the large stripe was light gray, the scene would be painted in black/dark gray... and if the stripe was painted a dark gray, the scene would be painted in light gray. I think this would be cute in a corner- the figures would only be 5-6 inches tall and wouldn't include any speech bubbles... just a cohesive scene. Again, this would be based on how much space I have in the room and how much Snoopy I have going on. I also saw this and thought how cute it would look if it was gray Woodstock painted on the light switch:

No comments:

Post a Comment