Saturday, June 25, 2011

Baby's Room- the basics

Since we aren't finding out gender, it makes putting together the nursery a tad bit harder but still manageable. We are going to paint the nursery gray, ideally two different shades. I got the idea from this picture:

 At first it was going to be mainly dark gray with a light gray, horizontal strip with this white furniture:      





















When we went to look at it in person it wasn't a pretty white- it was a shiny, blue white... not the creamy, antique white that I would have wanted.But it's sister in cherry wood was MUCH prettier
 
Problem is, this messes up my whole dark and light gray scheme. So now we might have to flip flop what I wanted to do and now have a light gray room with a dark dray stripe.




    We will most likely get the matching dresser- we just haven't decided if we want the tall dresser or the long, changing table dresser. The great thing about these cribs in they convert into a toddler bed and then a full sized bed. Hopefully we will get use out of these pieces!

So now, it might look more like this. But I still like the style of the picture up top with the larger stripe. The stripe with a dark gray NOT black and no color underneath. This picture just gives a better "feel" of the colors with dark furniture I suppose


I would also like a cream, upholstered glider but they are RIDICULOUS in price. I will probably Craigslist this item for cheaper:

I've seen some decent ones on Craigslist already, but we really aren't ready to buy one yet.








Last but not least, I want a shag rug! If I can find a round one, that is what I'll get but I found this rectangular one I *love*. I don't know if I will get it in gray (since we already have cream carpet in there) or wait until baby is born and order it in pink or blue. I'm leaning towards gray =o)


Now, I know what you are thinking- "That's a lot of gloomy gray for a baby room". I plan on adding as much color to the room once baby is here through lamp shades, valance, curtains, bedspread, etc etc.


 I think this will be absolutely fabulous!

No comments:

Post a Comment