Saturday, September 3, 2011

It's been a while

School started a few weeks ago and I've been crazy busy ever since. My poor ankles have disappeared =o(

I went to the doctor on Weds and my blood pressure was good and the baby's heart beat was 139/140. I also managed to move my induction date to Oct 24th. It's insane to me that crazy doctor wanted to induce me Oct 12th and here I am planning to have baby two weeks later. It wouldn't have surprised me if we induced on the 12th and baby would be in the NICU or something. Stupid doctor.


We have lots of things that need to be done for the baby room and we are going to keep working on it this weekend. I plan to buy a mirror I saw at Hobby Lobby, Stephen is going to have up our curtains and valance as well as make a crown moulding shelf. I wanted to start working on my art project for the room but the light bulb in the overhead projector I borrowed went out so I have to wait until Tuesday to get a new one =o(

Stephen is going to make a large shelf like this:




but much wider and we plan on panting it dark gray (to hang on our light gray wall). This shelf will go over the crib with two canvases hand painted a snoopy theme.


I was trying to think of what kind of art would work in our Snoopy room and I remembered Stephen had purchased me "Happiness is a warm puppy" so I started to flip through it and found the perfect quote- "Happiness is a thumb and a blanket". So, I purchased the stuff to make a stencil and I plan on painting the words teal. This is my prototype I worked up on word:
The other canvas I plan on painting will have Linus with his thumb, blanket and snoopy:
 The two canvases will be propped up side by side on the shelf with some other small knick-knacks like the snoopy piggy bank and maybe some block letters.
The room is coming together... I don't think I ever posted a picture of our AWESOME chair after it was reupholstered. 
Remember before:


Here it is after:


 Love it, love it, love it! And between the chair, fabric and labor it was the same price as some of the over-priced rickety gliders they have for sale out there. I was very, very pleased.



What else has been going on... hmm.. oh! Stephen and I are infant CPR certified now after our all day child birthing seminar:





The seminar was good- we took a tour of the labor and delivery wing and we were pretty pleased with it. The weekend we went it was pretty dead- there weren't any babies in the nursery at all! I think one lady was giving birth, but that was it. I worry how full the labor and delivery will be near my due date because 9 months prior was the massive snow we received in Texas when everyone was stuck indoors.

My sisters-in-law (or is it sister-in-laws?) are throwing me a baby shower and the invitations are super cute! I can't wait to see what they put together for the shower. The baby shower is less than a month away and baby is expected to make its debut in less than two. This is crazy! There still is a lot of work to be done in the baby room. Hopefully that will be squared away over the next two weeks.

That's all I got for today. Hopefully next update will talk more of completed projects.


No comments:

Post a Comment